NOTE: Though additions and deletions are expected throughout the life of bookaworld, as of September 2014, the bookaworld collection is complete.
This guide to the procedures involved in bookaworld is subject to frequent additions, corrections, and expansions. It is best to refer to it only when you are actually ready to perform the procedure in question.
Titles listed on The Package page have already been obtained by someone.
Recommending eBooks from Project Gutenberg
I have acquired a "core" collection of something over 1000 titles. In particular, I want many more titles for children of all ages, and am not knowledgeable enough about the literature, particularly that part which is in the public domain, to select these titles without some good help. So this is a TOP PRIORITY right now.
- Go to Project Gutenberg.
- Click Book Categories in the left-hand navigation column; then click Children's Bookshelf under C.
- Find books you can recommend. They should have both epub and mobi versions available.
- Send an email to email@example.com with suggested titles. PLEASE don't suggest titles that are already on the list on The Package page. Provide the author, title, translator (if applicable), and Dewey Decimal Classification (DDC) number.
- If you don't know the DDC number, you may be able to find it at LibraryThing. Search for the book, select it from the resulting list, then click "Work Details" in the left-hand navigation column. If Library Thing has a DDC number for the book, it will appear here.
- You do not have to acquire the books, just recommend the ones you think should be a part of the bookaworld library. We'll take it from there.
- Feel free to suggest other, adult titles, which are not on the existing list.
bookaworld is a 501(c)(3) corporation. Contributions are fully tax-deductible.